Monday, November 26, 2012

it's time.

time to let go, time to move on, time for bigger and better things.

these bigger and better things being:
  • focussing on my yoga practice, getting deeper and stronger into the postures
  • making better connections with friends - that is, not being so selfish, and spending honest time with them
  • making new friendships - it's scary, but whatever i'm awesome. why wouldn't people want to be my friend
  • meeting new men - who cares about rejection (well, I do, but whatever it's such a fleeting moment that in a day I'm sure I'd be over it), who cares about what they'll think, who cares if they're 'mr. right'. I have a tendency to think like Ted Mosby because I think every relationship is the be all end all. But that's not what I want right meow, I just want someone to spend some short term time with: flirting, being all exciting with, cuddling, going on silly dates. But I only want that when it works for me, that is when I'm not focussed on school or work. So really, what's the likelihood of that happening? Nada. But I can't depend on my social situations to help me with this, I can't depend on my friends. I gotta search them out for myself. If I see Cute Bank Teller, will I be able to ask him out? To see a movie? Who knows. This is all so reassuring when I have motivational music playing in my background, what gets me nervous is when in real time and there is none of that. I'm just left alone with my obsessive thoughts and circular logic. Scary.
  • time to start teaching yoga - buck up because that's the next step. I know I'm scared, but that's part of learning. I hate not being perfect, but how else (if not by screwing up multiple times) am I going to learn and grow?
Time to grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment