Monday, August 27, 2012

confusion!

I often get overwhelmed with how I'm supposed to be living my life. I always want to do it the "right" way or the "best" way. But people offer me so many different examples of what those ways are, I get so confused!

What the best thing for me to do right now is (I believe): take a step back and listen to myself.

For all my health concerns, I need to just go with my instincts. I underestimate my knowledge, I know what foods to eat and when, how much of things and access to different recipes if I want to try them.

For all my Bikram yoga concerns: I must go to a variety of teachers classes, and find a balance of that spiritual energy and the physical exertion. I tend to find I can on all extremes: focusing too much on getting the posture looking picture perfect or forgetting a pivotal movement because I'm not being in tune with my body. I can rely on teachers to help me with this, but ultimately it is up to me to find that balance within myself.

For my general yoga concerns: I need to get out there and practice! Everyone is a beginner at some point, I shouldn't feel embarrassed to try these new things.

When it comes to money: just be smart! I know what is a good expense versus a silly, needless one. So go with it.

I'm also worried about the fall, I realize there's only so much in control so if I stay organized and on top of what I *can* control, I should be okay.

I think at the end of all this, I need to trust myself. Which seems to be a common theme in my life. I am constantly looking at others to see what brings them happiness, or what they're doing to be successful. But I can't keep doing that, they're not me! What brings them joy will not be (and sure as heck IS NOT) the same as what brings me joy. So, if I set out a goal for myself to try something new, or get out of bed and meditate, I need to do that. Just because a friend or family member doesn't do so, doesn't mean I should blindly follow them.

Some goals I have for myself are:
- money (obviously): essentially, just save as much as I can, don't over spend.
- health: I want to will try different forms of yoga (I don't need to buy unlimited passes, I can get drop in cards too which I often forget), different group exercises (aqua fit, SNFW classes), I have access to some wicked 30 Day challenges (non yoga ones!), I can generate some work out schemes for me (I should keep on top of rotating them though -- I get afraid though: what if I'm not doing it right?!!?) and if I make these little changes (I don't need to go to an extreme of working out 5+ hours a day) I know my body will appreciate it and get stronger and happier.
- yoga teacher: I need to sign up for this, pay for it and be confident than I am able to teach it. I get nervous when I think of it because I don't feel I will be a good teacher. However, it takes practice to get there. I won't be able to do it all on my own, so yes! It' O-KAY to ask for help (I don't like doing it, but I will have to get used to it).
- school: good grades (how vague!)

Just reflecting on all past posts and my general trains of thought, I feel I need to start and complete these actions, be confident and meditate. I need to realize my life is just that: MINE. Not his or hers or theirs, so I need to not compare and not beat myself up because they're doing things that I'm not. Because I know that when I set my mind to something, I can and do achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment