Monday, June 4, 2012

til kingdom come.

Dear self,


You can do this. You can talk to him like an adult, clearly expressing your feelings without pointing a finger, and offering some solutions. There is no need for blame, no need to jump to conclusions or get mad. I can only try and teach him what I need, and make us both mindful and aware of my concerns and fears. I am not passing a judgement on him or myself, I'm not saying I want to give up; my sole purpose in talking to him tonight is to make sure we're on the same page. I cannot expect him to have answers to my questions tonight, and I need to be patient if he needs to take time to think about it. I will give him that gift, time, to reflect and think as well. I will listen with open ears and heart when, and if, he voices himself too.  


Love, 


Me.




"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them. I've learned that no matter how much I care some people just don't care back. And it's not the end of the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment